Why Fresh Juice Is Better Than Energy Drinks
We are surrounded by a number of drinks that claim to be healthy and provide instant energy boosts, and that claim to be filled with the goodness of vitamins and minerals. Two of most common drinks that fall into this category include fresh fruit juices and energy drinks. Undoubtedly, the best is the one that’s filled with the goodness of health and nutrition and whose consumption increases energy levels in a healthy way, i.e. fresh juice.
Let’s dig deeper to understand the difference between fresh fruit juice and energy drinks to better understand its benefits.
Why Fresh Fruit Juice
Fresh fruit juice is the extract of fresh fruits filled with essential vitamins and minerals. Juice is available as both packed (filled with preservatives) and fresh. While packed juices come with added artificial sugars and preservatives, fresh juices contain only natural sugars.
The Benefits of Juicing Fresh Fruit
01. They are totally fresh and natural.
02. They only contain natural sugars and flavors without any artificial ingredients.
03. Fresh cold-pressed juice contains natural nutrients that are energy and metabolism boosters.
04. The nutrients in fresh fruit juices are in their pure and natural form, such as folate, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A, C and K.
05. Fresh fruit juice naturally flush out the toxins.
06. Juice keep the body hydrated in a healthy and natural way.
07. Fresh juice provides an instant energy boost because fruits and vegetables are in their liquid form, meaning that their benefits are quickly absorbed by the body.
08. Juice has nutritional benefits to replace whole meals. Different cold-pressed juice brands offer a blend of healthy fruits and vegetables loaded different ingredients to improve your body in different ways.
09. Juice is a good health substitute that’s filled with phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals.
10. Fresh juices are the best natural energy drinks.
The Downside of Juicing Fresh Fruit
Fresh juice has a small shelf-life of two to three days if well refrigerated. If you are trying to gain nutritional benefits from fresh juice, it can be disadvantageous that you can’t stock them for months.
Having fresh cold-pressed juices are like having fruits in liquid form. The main advantage of having fresh juices comes from the fact they are totally natural, deprive of artificial sweeteners, colors, and flavors.
Energy drinks are named after their capability to provide an instant energy boost with enhanced mental alertness and physical performance. Energy drinks are typically filled with a high amount of sugar, caffeine, and any other stimulants to increase energy levels after performing an exhausting physical activity.
The high sugar and caffeine content makes them unfit for repeated consumption, but since it makes an easy way to feel energized for teenagers, they often replace healthy meals with a bottle.
Benefits of Drinking Energy Drinks
- Energy drinks boost energy and alertness.
- Energy drinks are an easy and refreshing way to feel energized.
Cons of Drinking Energy Drinks
- They are filled with artificial sugar, caffeine and stimulant compounds like taurine.
- Excess sugar consumption with energy drinks is responsible for teeth decay.
- Regular consumption of energy drinks can elevate blood pressure, anxiety levels, insomnia and heart palpitations.
- Their consumption makes a reason for severe dehydration by the loss of water-soluble vitamins and minerals.
- Another concern about energy drinks is lack of disclosure. Many manufacturers are not bound to provide everything about the ingredients they use in their drinks.
- They are not made to increase health or well-being.
- They are not a source of sustained energy, rather just provide a rush of it because of an excess amount of sugar and caffeine.
- Energy drinks are not fit for consumption by children or pregnant women.
- Regular intake of energy drinks disturbs sleeping patterns.
- Even drinking a single can of energy drink provides much more sugar than is recommended.
Fresh fruit juice is one of the healthiest options to provide a dose of nutrients and energy to your body. There is nothing that can replace nature, and excessive amounts of harmful things like caffeine, sugar, artificial colors and flavors can lead to multiple health problems. Opt for natural juice filled with health boosting goodness to stay energized.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *