Cold-Pressed Juice: Do They Make an Ideal Post-Workout Drink?
Regular workout is the key to stay healthy and disease-free. Whether you own a gym membership or you simply follow home workout, you are absolutely on the right track to stay fit and in shape.
But, today we are not here to discuss about the benefits of exercising but the equally important – “Post-Workout Hydration”. Here’s why hydration is an essential part of recovering from a workout:
- It helps lower body temperature
- Repair and replenish muscle repair muscles quickly that undergoes healthy wear and tear during exercising
- It helps ward off muscle cramps
- Energized the body and make the body rid of fatigue and tiredness
- It promotes digestion
As our body loses a lot of fluid during a workout, post-workout hydration is extremely crucial to refuel the body and gets full nutrition.
However, not many people are aware of what to drink besides water to get the most out of the workout. The good news is, there’s a healthy option out there that is packed with important nutrients, tastes amazing, and provides hydration of course!
Cold-Pressed Juice as Post-Workout Drink:
Cold-pressed juice is an effective and nutritious option to rehydrate and make the most out of the workout and the remaining day. Before we jump into what you should drink after a workout, let’s first talk about cold-pressed juices in general:
- Cold-pressed is a slow technique of extracting the produce that is gentle on fruits and veggies and is free from heat thus retaining the health value and nutrients in the juice
- The juice is extracted without generating heat or noise thus keeps the natural fruit enzymes alive and intact
- More juice is extracted in the procedure as the fruits or veggies used in juices are pressed using a huge hydraulic press
- The freshly pressed juice is enriched with dietary fiber and other vital nutrients and enzymes
- Due to low rate of oxidation, cold-pressed juice has longer shelf life i.e. 3-4 days if well-refrigerated
Now that you are aware of the nutritious drink, let’s find below the amazing benefits that you can reap out by making cold-pressed juice part of your daily post-workout meal:
- Cold-pressed juice is packed with all essential nutrients that your body needs to function at its peak. Drinking a glass of freshly pressed juice 20minutes after workout ends helps in fueling the body with energy because it is free from sugar or other artificial preservatives
- In the hustle-bustle of everyday, we don’t have enough time to cook post-workout meals, in such cases, cold-pressed juice is a savior to provide the same nutrition that your body needs to recover from all the hard work it has done
- The presence of healthy carbohydrates in varied pressed juices helps in replenishing tired muscles
- Drinking natural cold-pressed juices also builds stamina thus improvising your performance as you hit the gym the next day
- Due to low-calorie content, it helps to achieve your weight loss goal easily and maintains a healthy weight
- The presence of fiber in the juices helps to keep hunger pangs away and you feel fuller for a longer period
- The high water content in some of the juices like Watermelon, Pineapple, Broccoli, or Mandarin helps replace water lost in sweating
- Vitamin C enriched juices help you to quickly recover and perform better while working out
- They are also great to strengthen the immunity, which is highly important during the current unprecedented times of Coronavirus
- They also help in keeping the body cool and lower the body temperature thus helps you to beat the heat in hot weather
Undoubtedly, it is the perfect alternative to fizzy and energy drinks loaded with unhealthy processed sugar. I have compiled a list of fresh cold-pressed juices that provides extreme hydration and full of nutrients.
- Coconut water
- Green juice
To ensure buying the best quality of cold-pressed juice, consider the following factors:
- Carefully review consumer feedback on the brand’s website and social media channels
- Examine they are sourcing fresh fruits and vegetables
- Check the freshness, taste, smell, pulp of the juice
- Check to ensure they are not using any artificial colour and additives
- Shelf-life of the juice
- Are they following COVID-19 safety guidelines and precautions from juicing till delivery of the juices
Many of us reach out to coffee, carbonated sodas, and sweet energizers because we are tired and thirsty. Little did we know that drinking such unhealthy drinks will put make all our efforts go in vain and also deprive our body of essential nutrition and energy. All things considered, it is an excellent idea to add natural and chemical-free cold-pressed juice regimen in the daily diet that help to repair muscles and maintain the electrolyte balance of the body with a better taste in a healthy way.
I hope now you don’t have to just stick to water!
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *