Want To Look Young Forever? Follow These Simple Diet Rules
Every action we do to maintain a good body influences our skin’s health, whether it’s through diet or exercise. Aging also affects the skin’s appearance by increasing the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles, but there is a lot we can do to make it look young for longer. If you’re wondering how there are certain points related to your diet and lifestyle you can consider. Let’s take a quick look:
How to Make your Skin Look Younger
1. Get Proper Nutrition
The nutrients we consume with a healthy diet help maintain the skin’s luster and elasticity, making it look young. Such nutrition comes from a diet rich in protein, good fats, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins A, B, C, D, and E etc.
2. Regular Exercise
Regular exercise keeps infections at bay and improves blood flow to keep you energetic and even adds a healthy glow to the skin.
Maintaining younger looking skin is difficult with only diet and exercise. What you need is a combination of different factors, including diet, exercise, and skincare. For younger looking skin, use retinol based skincare products with sun protection factors (SPF). Visit your dermatologist and ask for the right product that will work best for your skin. One more thing, keep your skin clean and moisturized to avoid fine lines!
4. A Healthy Lifestyle
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle includes quitting unhealthy and picking up healthy ones. Some must-have healthy lifestyle habits for youthful skin are getting plenty of sleep to let the skin repair, quitting smoking and drinking, avoiding eating processed or junk food, and maintaining proper hygiene. Now let’s cover simple diet rules to follow to maintain youthful skin:
Want to know simplified eating rules for a healthy body?
Simple Diet Rules for Youthful Skin
1. Avoid Excess Sugar and Salt
Excess salt makes the body retain water and makes eyes look puffy/swollen, affecting the under-eye skin and speeding up wrinkle formation. Excess sugar makes skin cells weak, activates inflammation and decreases the skin’s elasticity. Avoid taking in processed sugar and replace it with natural sugar that is more nutritious, such as the sugar in fruits and vegetables.
2. Drink Plenty of Water
Whether it’s good health or good skin, drinking water can maintain both. Loss of water in the body leads to dehydration, acidity, loss of energy, indigestion, and constipation, and it leads to dry skin, wrinkles, and fine lines.
3. Eat Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
There is nothing that can beat the health benefits of fresh fruits and vegetables. They contain amazing health-boosting properties that lead to a strong immune system, fewer infections/diseases, strong bones and increased energy levels. The benefits for the skin are equally rewarding; they keep the blood clean, enhance collagen production and damage free-radicals.
It’s better to consume fruits and vegetables in their raw form, with either zero or as little processing as possible. A good way to consume their goodness is by drinking freshly made cold-pressed juice from high-quality fruits and vegetables. Cold-pressed juice is extracted by pressing the fruits and vegetables with no abrupt cutting or grinding to prevent oxidation, taking out the maximum amount of juice with all its nutrients intact.
4. Choose Food with Anti-Aging Properties
Nature is a wonderful basket filled with incredibly healthy food with a variety of properties, and one among them is anti-aging. There are many options that help reduce the formation of free-radicals, enhance the production of collagen and improve the skin’s elasticity to make it look smooth, supple and youthful.
For example, take a look at the list below:
- Dark colored fruits: Fruits that are darker, such as blueberries and blackberries, are antioxidant powerhouses that aid in collagen production and damage free-radicals in skin cells.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is effective in keeping skin cells hydrated, thus preventing the occurrence of fine lines and dry skin.
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can do wonders for skin, both internally and externally. It has anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties, with plenty of vitamin E that provides anti-aging benefits to the skin.
- Dark Chocolate: Here’s a reason to eat more chocolates — dark chocolate with a 70% or more cocoa content helps reduce wrinkles, improves skin elasticity and also protects skin from UV damage.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranates contain a variety of antioxidants. Drinking a glass of pomegranate juice or eating raw pomegranates daily makes the skin looks firm, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, helps regenerate skin and prevents hyperpigmentation.
- Onions: Eating onions or applying fresh onion juice on the skin both are helpful in reducing the appearance of wrinkles. It’s rich in quercetin, an important antioxidant that protects skin against wrinkles and damage caused by harmful UVB rays.
5. Laugh out Loud
You know what the best anti-aging medicine is? It’s laughing. Laughing brightens up the skin, clears the eyes, boosts the immune system, improves the capability to fight sickness, and boosts collagen production in the skin, which is the ultimate wrinkle buster. In other words, laughing has the ability to make you look young, naturally.
Last but not the least, discipline and balance are two of the most important factors to lead a healthy life with ageless skin. Follow a disciplined and organized lifestyle to take care of different aspects of life, including health and skin. Maintain a balance, have things in moderation and avoid having anything in excess — even having good things in excess can reverse their positives. Overall, a healthy and youthful skin is maintained by improving your lifestyle, following simple and healthy diet rules and always keeping a smile on your face.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *